A graduate of the famous Sports Media program at Oklahoma State, I am a sports journalist with a myriad of skills. Although I have excelled in a multimedia world, my goal is to become a person that people rely on when it comes to sports news and coverage. As a Co-Manager for cowboysrideforfree.com and writer for varsitypreps.com, my goal has evolved into constantly looking for new opportunities to gain experience. Taking small websites and helping them build an audience is special to me. I am an award winning amateur sports writer and sports columnist, but those skills can be improved and will as my experience grows. Sports are my passion and that is what drives me to work as hard every day. Being strong in social media is something that I am proud of, since it has become valuable commodity in today’s media. Breaking news before on Twitter for the sites I have worked for has made me proud to be ahead of the curve. Giving people the chance to have the same passion about sports as I do is my ultimate goal in this industry. Sports have offered an escape in my life, and I want to do the same for others.
- General Assignment Reporter for Daily O’ Collegian Spring 2013
- Radio Co-host Intern – Ugly Uncle Radio Show Summer 2013
- Sports Intern (Production Assistant and Social Media) – The Razorback Nation (KNWA/KFTA/KARK) Summer 2015
- Sports Intern (High School Football Show) – KOKI FOX23 (Tulsa) Fall 2015
Along with my journalism interests, I have built a persona and reputation as being passionate and intelligent sports person. I believe this has and will continue to help me build my audience and use it as a way to relate to an audience.
- Paddle People Student Group – President Nov. 2013-Nov. 2014
- OSU Student Section Camping Director Oct. 2013-March 2015